PayPal Now Available to Donate or to Pass Funds to SVCB
The Silicon Valley Council of the Blind (SVCB) is a 501(c)3 non-profit, tax-exempt organization under the California Council of the Blind. We are a membership organization of persons who are blind or visually impaired, our families and friends. Our goal is to improve the quality of life for all persons with vision loss through advocacy and mutual support. We are organized as a chapter of the California Council of the Blind, which is a state affiliate of the American Council of the Blind, and draw our membership largely from Santa Clara County.
Please consider making a donation to support our mission. To donate using PayPal, use our PayPal Donation, Dues and Shopping Cart page.
SVCB has established a PayPal account for accepting money online. This service can be utilized to pay dues, give a donation, purchase a fund-raiser item, donate to the technology grant, and pay to attend one of our events.
If you aren't comfortable using PayPal as shown below, or do not have a PayPal account, use our PayPal Donation, Dues and Shopping Cart page.
- Login to your PayPal account at: https://www.paypal.com/signin
- The second tab stop is "My PayPal". Press Enter to get to your Dashboard.
- Under the Send & Request link at the top there is a "Send money" service option.
- In the field that says "Name, @username, email, or mobile number", enter "email@example.com" and click on "Next" or the envelope symbol and the words Send to: "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Type in the dollar amount of the transaction, and leave the denomination at "USD" for U.S. Dollars.
- Be sure to select the "Add a note" option and give an explanation for the purpose of the transaction — be as detailed as you can.
- Always select the appropriate value — either "Sending to a friend" or "Paying for an item or service".
- Click on "Continue".
- Review the transaction and click on "Send Payment Now" when ready.
- You should receive a message on the screen that says:
- If you click on "Go to Summary" you can see your transaction history and select any item to review its content.
"You've sent ($x amount) USD to email@example.com".
When SVCB sees the incoming transaction(s), we will proceed accordingly.
These procedures were written as if using a PC or MAC, but you can do PayPal via a cellphone; the process to follow varies slightly from device to device.