SVCB has established a PayPal account for accepting money online. This service can be utilized to pay dues, give a donation, purchase a fund-raiser item, donate to the technology grant, and pay to attend one of our events.
If you aren't comfortable using PayPal as shown below, or do not have a PayPal account, use our PayPal Donation, Dues and Shopping Cart page.
- Login to your PayPal account at: http://paypal.com
- Under the Send & Request link at the top there is a "Send money" service option. Note: You may have to first select "My Paypal" at the top of the screen.
- In the field that says "Name, @username, email, or mobile number", enter "firstname.lastname@example.org" and click on "Next" or the envelope symbol and the words Send to: "email@example.com".
- Type in the dollar amount of the transaction, and leave the denomination at "USD" for U.S. Dollars.
- Be sure to select the "Add a note" option and give an explanation for the purpose of the transaction — be as detailed as you can.
- Always select the appropriate value — either "Sending to a friend" or "Paying for an item or service".
- Click on "Continue".
- Review the transaction and click on "Send Payment Now" when ready.
- You should receive a message on the screen that says:
- If you click on "Go to Summary" you can see your transaction history and select any item to review its content.
"You've sent ($x amount) USD to firstname.lastname@example.org".
When SVCB sees the incoming transaction(s), we will proceed accordingly.
These procedures were written as if using a PC or MAC, but you can do PayPal via a cellphone; the process to follow varies slightly from device to device.